John and I don’t buy lottery tickets. Except of course when the prize gets to over $500 million, at which point every other human in this country is buying them too, and our chances go from “nil” to “same as getting hit by lightning a bazillion times at once”. But we did have plans on how we would spend it. Inspired by Lee Ann’s post, here are mine. Were, not are, I guess. Oh yeah, somebody else won.
1. Buy all the yarn I want. Right. I already do that.
2. Pay off the house, remodel the bathroom.
3. Travel. Oh, right. I already do that, too.
4. Change the locks on the house. There are too many people out there that have keys and codes to the garage door.
5. Get an unlisted phone number.
6. Get my 1998 VW Beetle to the body shop and have the dings repainted. What can I say, I like driving an ancient car.
7. Like Lee Ann, say “I quit”. I’ve always joked that the first thing I would buy if I won enough money would be a fax machine so I could fax in my resignation.
8. Figure out which of our relatives would get to retire, too.
I guess we’ll survive without the lottery winnings. We have a terrific house, even if the bathroom makes me want to take an axe to it. I have a great job to dream about retiring from, as do most of my not-already retired family members. And my beater car is paid for, dents and all. And I have more yarn and fiber supplies than I will ever use up in any imaginable lifetime.
Your turn! What would you have done with it? Let me know in the comments or on your own blog!