1. What do you do for a living?
I’m a physician specializing in internal medicine.
2. What do you like most about your job?
It is a constant challenge; I learn something significant almost every day. I’ve not met a patient yet that has read the textbook and follows the “rules”.
3. What do you like least about your job?
Having to think about the financial issues; in the larger sense money does affect patient care. I just don’t like to think in those terms, or have money concerns factor into my clinical decisions.
4. When you have a bad day at work it’s usually because…
Someone hasn’t done as well as I expected; the worst is when somebody dies when it was not anticipated.
5. What other career(s) are you interested in?
Seriously, none. I love what I do; it tends to be an all-consuming passion. Independently wealthy is a close second.