I did actually get some knitting done this weekend. I finished the orange boa. The color looks like creamsicle orange to me. I’m not sure exactly where I’ll wear this, but the deck on a cool May evening sounded good for a start.
And one with Riley:
I think you should learn something from every project, even a garter stitch scarf out of novelty yarn. So I knit this continental style; I’m normally a “thrower”, so this was a good chance to practice.
I’m also nearly done with John’s sweater. I have a bit of one sleeve to finish. I got all the loose ends sewn in this weekend, and have started the blocking process. I’m using the 3-needle bind off for the shoulders, and wanted to block the front and back pieces before I did this. Then all I will have left to do is pick up the neck stitches, knit the ribbing around the collar, and seam everything. I can only fit one side of this on my blocking board, so I’m doing it half at a time.
I actually enjoy the “putting it together” phase. I don’t mind seaming, or even sewing in ends. I am a little worried about the seaming on this sweater. I started this thing so long ago that I was clueless about selvedge stitches. The pattern stitch goes right up to the edge, and may not be the easiest thing to seam. If I were to ever be nuts enough to do this pattern again, I would add a plain selvedge stitch on each side.
I forgot to mention one other knitting related purchase I made in Germany. When we were in the train station in Heidelberg, there was a man selling a variety of implements: scissors, knives, and dental tools.
I bought these:
They are just the right size; a bit bigger than my little embroidery scissors, but still small enough for my gadget bag.
Hope everybody had a good weekend!