Not a very imaginative title, I know.
I am finished with the knitting parts of John’s striped sweater. Here are a couple of photos (this is before I knit the collar on):
Sew the thing together, and I’m done.
I also worked on this sweater yesterday.
The second photo is the beginning of one sleeve. It has about 7 inches of ribbing on each cuff, which I didn’t think I would like, but so far it is OK.
What I have learned so far from this sweater is to take notes as I knit. I modified the cable down the front, as well as the raglan increases. I set this aside a couple of months ago to work on John’s sweater. Fortunately I had written about the increases in a previous post, so I could look that up. I didn’t write down anywhere what I had done with the cable; I couldn’t remember if it was an 8 row cable or 10. It looked more like 10 so that’s what I did for the top half of the sweater. I think there is a rule somewhere that if you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, you will pick the wrong answer 100% of the time. Ripping ensued. I have no idea why I didn’t figure this out until I had 3 separate cable crossings done. I tried to just rip out the cable part in the middle, but decided quickly that it was more fiddly than just ripping it back to where I goofed.
I’m in a bit of a project-finishing frenzy. I have a zillion things I want to start, but I think I want to finish both of these sweaters first. Of course I won’t be able to wear that blue fuzzy thing for a few months, but at least it will be done and ready for the first cold fall day.