OK, you want it in a nutshell?
1) Cruise to Alaska. Wonderful!
2) 4th of July. Great party, great neighbors, lots of fireworks. Dogs hated the noise, we loved it.
3) Knitting. Still working on that baby blanket.
4) Baby. Baby Jacoby was born on July 6th to my niece Janet and her husband, Charlie. It’s now the 20th, and the danged baby blanket still isn’t done. Knit faster, Lorette, knit faster!
5) Spinning has consumed my life. There are bits of fiber all over the place in this house. Bits of wool now are overwhelming even the Lucy-furr, which is saying something.
6) Teyani came to spin, eat, and drink wine on Saturday. We had a great time, check her post for photos. I have some that I’ll post when I get them off the camera.
7) Tomorrow at 7AM I go back down the rabbit-hole to work. I may or may not get more details of the above events posted before I come out the other end of the warren on next Monday.
8) Last, but most definitely not least. I have a new job. It’s probably no secret to anybody that knows me that my hospitalist practice pretty much consumes my entire existence during my work-weeks. I currently work 7 days on, 7 off, which sounds great in principle, but. It’s starting to do me in. I mostly spend the first 2 days out of the rabbit hole recovering, then the last 2 days getting ready to head back down the hole again. A local thing came up, I jumped, applied, got it. Starting in November, I’ll be working a more consistent 40-hour week. I’ll be in the same hospital, don’t have to move, and I already know all the other docs that I’ll be working with. Changes can be hard, but as changes go, this one will be relatively painless.
I’ll try to get back here to post photos if I have time this week. To tide you over, here’s the Picasa link for the Alaska photos. And here are just two of my own.
Of course, Sweetpea had a good time. Did you really have to ask?
So did I. Photo from our veranda. Yes, I know, I live with a good man. He packed lemons, vodka, and bought me martini glasses at our first stop.