OK, I admit it. This is a “filler” post, one of those things you put up when you’ve got nothing in the knitting department. I’m knitting the same stuff, the only thing that I’ve made any big progress on is a gift, and it’s mostly Shocking Pink Garter Stitch, anyway, so photos really wouldn’t help.
John and I are trying to do a gradual dredging out of all the crap in this house. We’ve been making progress in weeding through the gazillion books around here. Anything that’s already been read is going, and anything that we both look at and shake our heads at goes as well. The music collection is the next frontier. We have a bazillion (is that more than a gazillion or less?) CDs also. We finally have our home music system set up so we play music from ITunes straight to the stereo system, so there really is no need to keep the actual CDs once they are burned to the computer.
As part of this, the whole CD collection is in paper bags sitting next to my computer, and every time I’m up here, I burn a few of them to the hard drive. It’s a pretty eclectic collection, even I must say. One of the things I discovered recently is that you can sort your music by how many times each song has been played. Here are my top 10 or so played songs.
1. Memories Are Made of This, by Dean Martin
2. Set ’em Up Joe, by Vern Gosdin (I know I’ve mentioned him before, the greatest country singer of all time)
3. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, by the Andrews Sisters
4. If Wishing Made It So, by the Subdudes
5. It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere, by Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffett
6. Cuando me enamoro, by Andrea Bocelli
7. I’m Gonna Be Strong, by Buddy Miller
8. Blues Stay Away From Me, by Jorma Kaukonen
9. Blue Moon, by the Mavericks
10. Smoking Panatelas On the Blue Mediterranean Sea, by the Aqua Velvets
11. Running From Mercy, by Rickie Lee Jones
12. Bird On A Wire, by Leonard Cohen
And another one of him singing Blue Moon, with the Mavericks.
I’m pretty sure that I’m going to enjoy it. I’ll report back next time. What’s on your playlist?